Theme: The Story of Prophet Sulayman (a)
- 1st Session: (Sūrat al-Anbiya Verse 78) – The judgment of Prophet Dāwūd and
Prophet Sulaymān (a). Judgement according to Imam Ali (a). Discussions between
parents and children. (Connecting Verses – 38:26, 5:49-50)
- 2nd Session: (Sūrat al-Anbiya Verse 79-80) – Prophet Dāwūd and Prophet
Sulaymān’s God-given talents. Glorification of the mountains and birds with Prophet
Sulaymān. Understanding Glorification of Allah. Blessings of the Almighty.
(Connecting Verses – 34:10-11, 17:44)
- 3rd Session: (Sūrat al-Anbiya Verse 81) – Prophet Sulaymān’s control over the wind.
The power of Allah over all forces of nature. (Connecting Verse – 38:36)
- 4th Session: (Sūrat al-Anbiya Verse 82) – The Jinns work submissively for Prophet
Sulaymān. Jinns and human beings. (Connecting verses – 55:15, 72:1-2)
- 5th Session: (Sūrat as-Saba Verse 12) – The three great merits given to Prophet
Sulaymān. Blessings given by the Almighty. Using God given talents. (Connecting
Verse – 27:40)
- 6th Session: (Sūrat as-Saba Verse 13) – The buildings and items made for Prophet
Sulaymān. Importance of Gratitude. (Connecting Verse – 7:17)
- 7th Session: (Sūrat as-Saba Verse 14) – The astounding death of Prophet Sulaymān.
Death as a reminder of the weakness of all human beings. (Connecting Verses –
- 8th Session: (LAST) Session – Review and activities
1) Connecting Prophet Sulayman with Imam Ali (a). Excerpts/hadith from Nahjul
2) Understanding different perspectives in parent/child relationships
3) Appreciating and using God given talents