Children should learn:
- that religious beliefs, ideas and feelings can be expressed in a variety of form
- that pilgrimage in Islam is consists of various rituals carried out in a specific order and at a specific time.
- What is the difference between an ordinary journey and a pilgrimage journey?
- What would it feel like to be a pilgrim?
- Use posters and photographs to describe the stages of the Hajj and the symbolism.
- Ask the children to write an article about a family going on Hajj, explaining the significance of this event for them.
- Pictures of the various places pilgrims visit during Hajj (see power point presentation)
- Picture books on Hajj (see Resources)
- Activity sheets on Hajj
- recount the events and the purpose of the Hajj
- explain the symbolism of the Hajj