Fall 2019: Story of Prophet Musa (a)
Theme: Prophet Mūsā (a) in the Quran.
- Conflict between Truth and Falsehood.
- The arrogance of tyrants
- Birth of Prophet Mūsā (a) and his upbringing
- Encounter with the
- Departure from Egypt
- Arrival at Madyan
- In the court of Fir‘awn (Pharaoh)
- Term 1 – Sūrat al-Qasas, verses 1-14
- Term 2 – Sūrat al-Qasas, verses 15-28
- Term 3 – Sūrat al-Qasas, verses 29-41
Cross reference verses from other Sūras on the same topics will also be discussed.
Contemporary topics that could be discussed
- Oppression around the world
- Standing up for the truth
- Family relationships
- Anger and its consequences
- Conversations with God
- Handling Fear
Each session will include a reading of verses in Arabic and English, an explanation, and its commentary. Cross reference to other verses of the Quran on the same theme may also be explored.