Sūrat Aale Imran, no.3. Revealed in Madinah, 200 verses.
Sūrat Aale Imran, Part 1 (81-116)
General synopsis of contents
- The disbelievers and rejecters of faith (verses 82-95)
- Pilgrimage to the Ka’aba (verses 96-97)
- People of the Book (verses 98-100)
- The signs of Allah (verses 101-109)
- Various groups of people (verses 110-116)
Suggested verses for memorization in Arabic and English
- 3:92 – You will never attain piety until you spend out of what you hold dear.
- 3:103 – Hold fast, all together, to Allah’s cord, and do not be divided
- 3:104 – There has to be a nation among you summoning to the good, bidding what is right, and forbidding what is wrong. It is they who are the victorious.
Activities for self-study
For a discussion on some of the verses of this Sūra check https://academyofislam.com/resources-/sura-3-ali-imran-200-verses
Āyatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shirazi (Ed.) Tafsir Namūne, Holy Qur’an Translation; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an With a Phrase-by-Phrase English.