ALI 269: Keeping Healthy in the month of Holy Ramadhān
Whilst the main focus of fasting in the Holy Month of Ramadhan is to benefit from its spiritual, ethical and social aspects, it is also important to pay special attention towards the effect that fasting may have on the health of the individual especially as we approach the hot summer months where fasts are also longer in duration. By minimizing the physical and health challenges of the person fasting, one may be able to focus and concentrate more on the spiritual and religious benefits of this great holy month. This 90 minute course will focus on:
- The relationship between health and fasting
- The importance of healthy eating habits especially during long fasts
- The adjustments needed in people who may already be suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease etc.
- Instructor: Dr. Akber Mithani
- Date: Sunday, June 15, 2014.
- Timings: 11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon EDT (Toronto/NY time)
- Registration Link: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA54DC87854A3F
- Slides: (PDF)
- Recording: http://www.anymeeting.com/tkjifbxpltq/EF59DC858849