The Academy for Learning Islam (A.L.I.) is pleased to announce that it will inshaa Allah continue sessions on Qur’anic Arabic on Saturday mornings. We plan to discuss the present tense of Qaala and Kaana, Active and Passive participles and Deriving nouns (masdar) from verbs. Though we use Access to Qur’anic Arabic by AbdulWahid Hamid as the textbook, we also draw examples from various passages of Holy Qur’an; Traditions and Supplications of the Ma‘sumeen (a) are also used to discuss aspects of Arabic grammar and style. Often, reflections on the Holy Qur’an is done when discussing grammatical points and translating relevant verses.
- Schedule: Saturdays, 10:40 am to 12:00 noon, November 23 to December 14, 2013.
- Venue: Mulla Asghar Research Center (MARC); 9000 Bathurst Street, Thornhill, ON L4J 8A7
- Instructor: Hasanayn Kassamali
- Support: there are no fees, but donations to ALI are appreciated.
(All donations over $20.00 to the Academy for Learning Islam will receive Tax Receipts)
- Eligibility: All who have some knowledge of Arabic language can register for the course