The Last Luminary: And ways to delve into the Light
The well-known and accepted tradition of the Noble Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) tells us that: The person who dies and does not have a Ma’rifat of the Imam of his age dies the death of those of the period of ignorance (Jahiliyyah).
What does it mean to have a “ma’rifat” of the living Imam? What are our responsibilities to the faith of Islam and our Imam and during the period of the occultation (Ghaybah) – if any?
This course will attempt to instill a “ma’rifat” into the hearts and minds of the participants by: Understanding why we need to know and follow the responsibilities we have to the Imam; introducing the Imam – his ‘incidental’ characteristics; and highlighting ten responsibilities which we have to the Imam of our time and to one another as followers of Islam and Shi’a of the Prophet Muhammad and the twelve Imams from the progeny of the Prophet of Islam (peace be upon him and his family).
- Instructor: Sh. Saleem Bhimji
- Dates: Two sessions – Saturday Sept. 09, 2006 & Sunday Sept. 10, 2006
- Time: Evenings from 3:00 to 4:00PM in Kitchener, ON Canada
- Cities & corresponding timings when the course will begin:
- Vancouver & Los Angeles: 12:00 noon
- Edmonton & Denver: 1:00 p.m.
- Chicago & Minneapolis: 2:00 p.m.
- New York & Toronto: 3:00 p.m.
- London, UK: 8:00 p.m.
- Mainland Europe: 9:00 p.m.
- East Africa: 10:00 p.m.
- Dubai: 11:00 p.m.
- Karachi: 12:00 midnight
- Muslims from all over the world can participate in the course. However, the above cities and the corresponding timings are when the course will be held.
- Eligibility: All Shi’a Muslims ages 14 and over
- Fees: $20.00CAD/USD or £10.00 per student.
- Part 1
- Part 2