One of the most serious misconceptions about Islam is the position of women in Islam. Muslim women need to know how to answer these accusations and to come up with proof from the Holy Qur’an. This course will allow students to understand and discuss what the Qur’an says about women, and will shed light on the position that women have in Islam.
- Schedule: Starting at 5:30 pm. with Fiqh discussion between students, continuing with a question/answer period from 6:15 – 6:30 pm. At 6:30 pm. the class “Women in the Qur’an” will commence and continue for one hour.
- Instructor: Shaykh Ismail Abu Murtaza
- Dates and Duration: For two & a half months every Saturday from December 6, 2003 to February 5, 2004.
- Timings: Saturday evenings, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Venue: Al-Kawthar Islamic Association, 8550 123rd St. Surrey, BC.
- Eligibility: Muslims females aged 13 – 35
- Recommended Donation: $25.00 per person