Day 27 – Sūrat Yūnus – Part 2 (verses 34-89)
Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 27
Sūrat Yūnus – Part 2 (verses 34 – 89)
Sūrat Yūnus, No.10, Revealed in Makkah, 109 verses.
The Sūra has been named after Prophet Yūnus (a) who is mentioned in verse 98.
1) The challenge of the Quran was to bring a Sūra like it, if they thought it was fabricated. (verse 38)
2) Everyone is responsible only for their own deeds. (verse 41)
3) Real deafness and blindness have to do with the inner senses. (verses 42-43)
4) Fear of Fir‘awn stopped people from believing in Prophet Musa (a). (verse 83)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 10:36 Most of them just follow conjecture; indeed, conjecture is no substitute for the truth.
2) Q 10:44 Indeed Allah does not wrong people in the least; rather, it is people who wrong themselves.
3) Q 10:81 Indeed Allah does not foster the efforts of those who cause corruption.
Activities for self-study
1) Read verse 68. What are the counter arguments in this verse for those who claim God has a son?
2) What do verses 71-72 tell you about Prophet Nuh (a)?
3) How does glamour and wealth lead people astray? Read verse 88.
Sources: M. H. Shakir, Holy Qur’an Translation; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an With a Phrase-by-Phrase English.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to [email protected]
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 27 Yunus_2