Arabic conversation clas s is intended to teach conversational Arabic for beginners. It will include the basics of starting a conversation in an Arabic d ialect that is most commonly used. Students will learn new vocabulary and then apply this vocabulary in conversations. By the en d of the course, students will be able to engage in basic conversations and simple dialogues. This will give students a flavor o f modern Arabic and how it is used today.
- Instructor: Usama Al-Atar
- Eligibility: Open to any one interested in learning Arabic and is 14 years and older
- Schedule: Sundays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & Wednesdays 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (with a break for prayers at sunset prayer time)
- Dates: 16 sessions from June 8 to July 27, 2005
- Fee: $125.00
- Venue: Room 203, Az-Zahraa Islamic Center, 8580 No. 5 Rd, Richmond, BC
- About the Instructor: Usama Al-Atar has been teaching Arabic for over 12 years. He has taught conversational Arabic at many educational institutes, including the department of Continuing Education at UBC.