April 28, 2020/Ramadan 4, 1441
Familiarization with Quranic Sūras
Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 4
Sūrat al-Zukhruf– Part 2 (verses 41-89)
Sūra Zukhruf, No.43, Revealed in Makkah, 89 verses.
1) Allah (swt) sends down difficulties on people so that they turn to God. But once the difficulties go away people return back to their old ways. (verses 48-50)
2) There are lessons in history for generations that follow. (verse 56)
3) Friends will turn into enemies on the Day of Judgment, except those who are God conscious. (verse 67)
4) Many people do not think of the responsibility and accountability of their actions. (verse 80)
5) People waste their time in false discourses and play while in this world. (verse 83)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 43:62 – Do not let Shaytān bar you [from the way of Allah]. Indeed, he is your manifest enemy.
2) Q 43:76 – We are not unjust to them, but they themselves were unjust.
3) Q 43:89- So disregard them, and say, ‘Peace!’ Soon they will know
Activities for self-study
1) Study verses 51-53. What do they tell you about Fir‘awn’s attitude? List some of his qualities as described in these verses.
2) What was Prophet ‘Īsa’s message to his people? See verses 63-64.
3) Verses 68-73 describe the joys of Paradise. List or illustrate the rewards mentioned.
4) Verses 74-77 describe the inmates of Hell. What are some things they will face as described here?
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to email@example.com