ALI 237: Our Role During the Ghaybah of our Imam (af)
The believers regularly go to ziyarat of Ma‘sumeen (a) in Madina, Iraq and Iran in order to renew their oath of allegiance (bay‘ah). These are the places where some of the Ma‘sumeen have been buried. However, the 12th appointed Divine Leader Imam al-Mahdi (af) is alive but the Almighty has kept him occultation. In this weekend course we plan to study the duties of believers towards their Imam and the recommended a‘maal (observances) during his absence. We will look at some Hadiths, historical events and suggestions from learned scholars on how to keep connected to the Imam of our time.
- Instructor: Sh Jaffer Jaffer
- Eligibility: All Muslims ages 15 and over
- Venue: Seminar Room (B045) and Jaffari Community Center (9000 Bathurst Street, Thornhill, ON)
- Schedule: Over the weekend on Saturday June 15, and Sunday 16, 2013; from 11:30 am – 1:00 p.m.
- Support: There are no fees, but donations to support Academy activities are welcome. Tax Receipt will be issued for donations received.
- Notes: Our Role during Ghaybah