Who was Luqmān? Why is the sūrah known by his name? The Qur’ān is a guide & mercy to the Muhsinīn? Reflection on the wisdom of Luqmān’s advices to his son such as avoid Shirk entirely; rights of parents; minor & small deeds also get recorded; say prayers regularly, and art of moderation. These and other interesting themes will inshā’ Allah be discussed in the course.
- Instructor: Hasnayn Kassamali
- Dates: Four sessions, during the Holy Ramadhan, from October 16 to November 6, 2004 (both dates inclusive).
- Timings & Venue: Saturday evenings from 5:30 to 7:45 p.m. with a break for Maghribayn salāt and Iftār to be arranged by the Academy and students together
- Eligibility: All Muslims ages 13 and over
- Fees: $30.00 per student
- Classes: Room 203, Az-Zahraa Islamic Center, 8580 No. 5 Rd, Richmond Register: By calling 604-214-0786 or emailing: ‘director at academyofIslam dot com’
Each session will include:
- Reading and pondering over selected verses
- Tadabbur (pondering) of the verses through questions
- Cross references to other relevant verses from the Holy Qur’ān
- Hadith on the topic being discussed
- Commentary of the Āyāt covered