ALI-079: Spirituality in Islamic Eschatology
There is a deep-rooted connection between life in the eternal world (that commences with the Day of Judgment) and the advancements that the human race will make with the coming of the Mahdi (a). Equally, there is also an indispensable relationship between the timing of the Mahdi (a)’s arrival and the availability of humans of a certain caliber.
A series of 4 lectures will start with a discussion on the final abode of human-beings and the Day of Judgment, and then work backwards to life in this world during the reign of the Mahdi (a), the signs of his reappearance, the quality of his Shi`ah, the need for preparation towards the End State, and finally, how it all connects together with the Divine Plan for mankind.
- Session 1 – Yawm al-Qiyaamah & the final, eternal abode
- Session 2 – The coming of the Mahdi (a) & the world during his reign
- Session 3 – Becoming a Shi`ah of the Mahdi (a) – Are you one of the ‘chosen’? – The ‘Chosen Ones’ in Hadith
- Session 4 – A discussion on how to prepare for the Mahdi (a) and make it the primary purpose of our lives – the Divine Plan for mankind
- Instructor: Br. Khalil Jaffer from Brampton, Ontario.
- Eligibility: The course is open to all Muslims ages 14 and over.
- Location: Az-Zahraa Islamic Center, 8580 No. 5 Rd, Richmond – in one of the classrooms upstairs). For directions please call 604-506-3135
- Schedule: Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Prayers: After the classes, the participants would join for congregational prayer in Masjid Az-Zahraa on the main floor
- Dates: August 21 & 22, 2004 (both dates inclusive)
- Fees: A nominal fee of $30.00 is payable on the first day of the course.