The course will provide the basic and fundamental definition of Imamat as leadership of all people and the qualities of an Imam (Leader). The course will also cover the fundamental duties of an Imam in light of the following aspects:
- Evidences of Imamat: the mercy of Allah upon his creation and its different form
- The characteristics of an Imam (the leader): Ismat (infallibility), morals, and knowledge of Imam.
- The appointment of an Imam.
- Leadership as a social necessity, the universality of the religion of Islam.
The philosophy and definitions will be explained with numerous examples from the lives of the twelve Imams (a.s.) as found in the Holy Qur’an and Traditions.
- Instructor: Shaykh Ismail abu Murtadha
- Dates: 4 weekly sessions, starting on Friday 13th of Muharram/5th of March.
- Duration: 7:30-9:30 PM including a 15 min discussion break
- Eligibility: All Shi’ah Muslims between the ages of 13 and 35.
- Recommended Donation: $20 per person. First day walk-in session commitment free.
- Venue: Academy for Learning Islam, #203, 6191 Westminster Hwy