Familiarization with Quranic Sūras
Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 8
Sūrat Sād – Part 2 (verses 45-88)
Sūrat Sād, No.38, Revealed in Makkah, 88 verses.
Whoever recites Sūrat Sād on Thursday night will be given the good of this world and the Hereafter which none is given except a sent Prophet and a close angel, and he will be made to enter Heaven along with all those he loved from among his family, including the servants who served him. Imam al-Bāqir (a)
Such a reward is only for those who reflect and apply the verses to their life and we pray we are granted the tawfīq.
1) Constant remembrance of the Hereafter is a quality that purifies the soul. (verse 46)
2) The doors of Heaven will be open for the God conscious ones to enter. (verse 50)
3) The Prophet (s) was a warner sent by Allah. (verses 65 and 70)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 38:65-66 – There is no god except Allah, the One, the All-paramount, the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, the All-mighty, the All-forgiver.
2) Q 38: 67-68 – It is a great prophesy, of which you are disregardful.
Activities for self-study
1) What will the people of Hell argue about with each other? See verses 59-64.
2) Study verses 71-85 which talk about the creation of the human being and the order to prostrate to him.
a) When were the angels asked to prostrate to the human being?
b) What was Iblis’ reason for not prostrating?
c) How did Iblis respond when he was given the respite till the Day of Judgment?
Sources: Āyatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shirazi (Ed.), Tafsir Namūne; Mir Ahmed Ali, The Quran: Text, translation and commentary. Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an with a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441 Day 8 – Sad _2