Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 25
Sūrat Hūd– Part 3 (verses 84 – 123)
Sūrat Hud, No.11, Revealed in Makkah, 123 verses.
1) On the Day of Judgment, no-one will speak except by the permission of Allah. (verse 105)
2) Every generation should have a group of wise people who forbid corruption on earth. (verse 116)
3) If Allah wanted, He could have made all of mankind one community. (verse 118)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 11:85 Observe fully the measure and the balance, with justice, and do not cheat the people of their goods, and do not act wickedly on the earth, causing corruption.
2) Q 11:86 What remains of Allah’s provision is better for you, should you be faithful.
3) Q 11:112 So be steadfast, just as you have been commanded.
4) Q 11:114 Maintain the prayer at the two ends of the day, and during the early hours of the night. Indeed, good deeds efface misdeeds. That is an admonition for the mindful.
Activities for self-study
1) Write out the conversation of Prophet Shu‘ayb (a) with his people (verses 84-93). What are some things he tries to make them understand? How do they respond?
2) Read verse 120. What does it tell you about the effects of the Quran?
Sources: Āyatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shirazi (Ed.) Tafsir Namūne; WikiShia.net, Mir Ahmed Ali, The Quran: Text, translation and commentary, M. H. Shakir, Holy Qur’an Translation; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an With a Phrase-by-Phrase English.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to [email protected]
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 25 Hud_3