Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 19
Sūrat al-Hijr, part 2 (verses 45-99)
Sūrat al-Hijr, No.15, Revealed in Makkah, 99 verses.
1) Allah (swt) is most Forgiving, but His punishment is also severe. (verses 49-50)
2) The Heavens and the Earth have been created in Truth, and there will be accountability. (verse 85)
3) The Prophet (s) was grieved by those who mocked faith. (verse 97)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 15:56 Who despairs of his Lord’s mercy except those gone astray?
2) Q 15:88 Do not strain your eyes after what We have given certain classes of them to enjoy, and do not grieve for them, and make yourself gentle to the believers.
3) Q 15:99 And worship your Lord until certainty comes to you.
Activities for self-study
1) What are the different rewards in Heaven for the Muttaqūn as described in verses 45-48?
2) Choose one of the following stories to write out from the verses;
a) The angels visit Prophet Ibrāhīm (a) – verses 51-60
b) The angels go to the people of Prophet Lūt (a) – verses 61-74
c) People of the Rock (Thamūd) – verses 80-84
Sources: M. H. Shakir, Holy Qur’an Translation; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an With a Phrase-by-Phrase English.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 19 al-Hijr_2