Familiarization with Quranic Sūras
Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 12
Sūrat TāHā – Part 3 (verses 98 – 134)
Sūrat TāHā, No.20, Revealed in Makkah, 134 verses.
Whoever recites Sūrat TāHā will be given the reward of the Muhājirūn and Ansār.
Holy Prophet (s)
The reward is given to one whose recitation is the beginning of a thoughtful application of the Sūra in life.
1) On the Day of Judgment life people will think of life spent in this world will seem very brief. (verses 103-104)
2) Blindness is not seeing the signs of Allah (swt) and not accepting His message. (verses 124-126)
3) The ruins of past generations are a sign for a people of understanding. (verse 128)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 20:130 So be patient with what they say, and celebrate the praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before the sunset, and glorify Him in watches of the night and at the day’s ends, that you may be pleased.
2) Q 20:132 And bid your family to prayer and be steadfast in maintaining it.
2) Q 20:135 So wait! Soon you will know who the people of the right path are, and who is [rightly] guided.
Activities for self-study
1) How does God describe the Day of Judgement in verses 105-111?
2) Verses 123-124 describe the two choices in response to guidance sent by Allah (swt) for those on earth. What are the results of the choices made?
3) What important guidelines do verses 131-132 provide?
Sources: Āyatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shirazi (Ed.), Tafsīr e Namūneh; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an, With a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to email@example.com
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 12 TaHa_3