Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 28
Sūrat Yūnus – Part 3 (verses 90 – 109)
Sūrat Yūnus, No.10, Revealed in Makkah, 109 verses.
1) If Allah willed He would have made all human beings believers. But he gave them free will to choose. (verse 99)
2) People who have no faith are not affected by any signs they see or warnings they hear. (verse 101)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 10:102 Say, ‘Then wait! I too am waiting along with you.
2) Q 10:103 Thus, it is a must for Us to deliver the faithful
3) Q 10:107 Should Allah visit you with some distress, there is no one to remove it except Him; and should He desire any good for you, none can stand in the way of His grace: He grants it to whomever He wishes of His servants, and He is the All-forgiving, the All-merciful.
Activities for self-study
1) Read verses 90-92. How do these verses sum up Fir‘awn’s life and death?
2) How is following religion described in verses 104-16?
3) What does verse 108 say about the role of the Prophet (s)?
Sources: M. H. Shakir, Holy Qur’an Translation; Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an With a Phrase-by-Phrase English.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to [email protected]
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 28 Yunus_3