Familiarization with Quranic Sūras
Month of Ramadan 1441 – Day 11
Sūrat TaHa – Part 2 (verses 45 -97)
Sūrat TaHa, No.20, Revealed in Makkah, 134 verses.
The Sūra is called TaHa because of the abbreviated letters at the beginning of the Sūra.
Do not leave the recitation of Sūrat TaHa for Allah loves it and loves the one who recites it, whoever recites it often Allah will give him his book in the right hand and will not take him into account for what he did as a Muslim, and he will be given a reward in the Hereafter until he is well pleased. Imam al-Sādiq (a)
Such an immense reward can only be achieved by one who reflects on and follows the message of the Sūra.
1) Conviction that Allah is with you removes fear from the heart. (verse 46)
2) Witnessing the truth has a tremendous impact on receptive hearts. (verse 70)
3) Allah is most forgiving to one who repents and believes and does good deeds. (verse 82)
Select verses from the Sūra to know (learn, reflect, memorize)
1) Q 20:72 Decide whatever you want to decide. You can only decide about the life of this world.
2) Q 20:75 whoever comes to Him with faith and he has done righteous deeds, for such shall be the highest ranks.
3) Q 20:81 Eat of the good things We have provided you, but do not overstep the bounds therein
Activities for self-study
1) What are the signs of Allah that Prophet Mūsā (a) tells Fir‘awn about? See verses 49-56.
2) Read verses 57-64. How does Fir‘awn incite the people against Prophet Mūsā (a)? What fake news does he spread about him?
3) What are the three responses of Fir‘awn when the magicians accept belief in Allah? See verses 71.
4) Read the story of Sāmirī in verses 85-97. Write out the conversations that take place. What is the difference in the way Prophet Mūsā (a) talks to his people and how he talks to his brother Hārūn? Where is his sadness and frustration most evident?
Sources: Āyatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shirazi (Ed.); WikiShia, Ali Quli Qarai, The Qur’an with a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation.
Past lessons of Sūra Familiarization available at:
Please send your feedback to [email protected]
PDF document – Sura Familiarization 1441-Day 11 TaHa _2